Sunday, September 19, 2010

Desi Dhaba, Oberoi Mall, Goregaon

I have been eyeing Desi Dhaba for some time now after being greatly impressed by Only Paratha. I was in the mood for some vegetarian food, yes on some rare occasions I do get some blasphemous feelings, and we were at Oberoi mall which does not have an Only Paratha outlet. The situation was just right for sampling Desi Dhaba and I went ahead and ordered myself some Chola Bhature. The Kulchas were very large, enough to be the subject ogle for every sub ten year old passing my table but the compliments unfortunately end there. The Kulchas had far too much oil and the accompanying daal was not really that good at all. It was not the kind you feel like finishing once you are through with the Kulcha. I might have chosen their worst dish to sample but the daal which is a common accompaniment for most dishes in joints like these makes me put Kailash Parbat at a distant second to Only Paratha.
A meal for two, without drinks at Desi Dhaba would cost you approximatley Rs 250/-
How to get there: Desi Dhaba is in Spoon - the food court of Oberoi Mall

No comments: