Sunday, September 19, 2010

Lemon Grass, Bandra

I am a huge fan of South East Asian food. Thai, Singapore, Indonesia - I love the fare that you get... Lime leaves, galangal and coconut milk according to me add a different dimension to chicken and prawn. Lemon Grass, Bandra is my favourite restaurant in Mumbai for South East Asian food. The restaurant compliments great food with the typical casual Bandraesque decor which I love. I was devastated when they closed down their Bandra branch and was equally overjoyed when they returned to Bandra.
The food? They have added a stir fry section to their menu which was not there previously. The stir fry preparations are served on a base of rice or noodles as per your choice and are nice hot and spicy. The other section on the menu is the main dish section which I recommend you order with a serving of plain steamed rice. I am not a Phad Thai fan and believe that steamed rice brings out the flavours of South East Asian food better than anything else.
The last time I was at Lemon Grass, we ordered a Thai Green Chicken and some Malaysian Satay chicken to accompany our stir fry. The food was great as usual, with the Thai Green chicken deserving a special mention because of the brilliant lemon grass flavour. The one think i have not found out in the menu so far is the brilliant chicken and mushroom gravy in yellow sauce which used to be my favorite dish in the restaurants older avatar. If you do figure out that the dish exists with some other name, please do comment and give me the new name.
The new restaurant has opened where Pot Pourri used to be located. The good part is that they have retained the confectionery section of Pot Pourri. So do not forget to leave some space aside for a sweet dish if you do happen to visit.
A meal for two, without drinks, at Lemon Grass will cost you approximately Rs 500/-
How to get there: Lemon Grass in on Turner Road Bandra. If you are driving via Turner Road towards Carter Road. Lemon Grass will fall at the signal after the Moti Mahal, Popleys outlets. It is at the signal from which you have to turn right towards Pali Naka.

No comments: